SSi has principals that are an integral part of the organizations characteristic and are fundamentally essential to the shaping of everyday activities that connect to our broader mission and vision. As an organization SSi is committed to:
Foster a culture of innovative and out of the box thinking:
We fundamentally understand that each employee has something unique to offer to the organization. We foster a culture that nourishes innovation by empowering staff, leverages their passions, and encompasses a circle of trust where it’s all about thinking of new ideas and getting good feedback.
Invest in our Resources
Employees are essential, their physical and mental well-being are pivotal to the growth of our organization. Our company culture, productivity, and overall employee happiness stem directly from how much training, responsibility, and empowerment they have within our organization. Our focus is on improving the growth of individual through education, allowing them to play central roles, so they can grow and add value to the company.
Provide solutions that are in the best interest of the customer and improve their strategic posture
We are in business to serve our customers and do what is in their best interest. Our philosophy is to offer services that are complete. We strive to provide services that do more than meets the eye, to achieve more than superficial results and to help the business improve in areas that they may not have considered.
Give thoughtful considerations to our actions and their affects
We give thoughtful consideration to each other’s differences and opinions. We must give our individual best to get the job done right. Everyone is accountable for their behaviors, exercising rational judgment, and giving thoughtful consideration to their professional activities and decisions.
Sharp Solutions, Inc has an immediate need for a Mid-Level Appian Developer for a new customer on a highly- visible and strategic Task Order for the Department of Labor. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, flexibility, good judgment, and the ability to work within a team to stand up and mature the capabilities of our customer.
Lead business process re-engineering efforts using Business Process Modeling Notation best practices.
• Facilitate sessions with subject matter experts to gather business data requirements.
Design and develop Appian applications which follow the user experience principles found in the Digital Services Playbook (https://playbook.cio.gov) and the U.S. Web Design Standards (https://standards.usa.gov).
• Experience implementing a Cloud BPM implementation for the Federal Government.
• Experience integrating various COTS products (Appian, Scala, Apache Spark, Java, Python, AWS EMR, AWS Lambda, AWS RDS services) to formulate systems to meet business needs (BPM, CRM, Data Warehouse (DW) expertise).
• Knowledge of DBMS’s (ex., Oracle, Sybase, SQL Server, etc.) and hands on experience of SQL/PL SQL.
• Knowledge of Appian case management software, including its integration capabilities and deployment options.
• Object Management Group Certified Expert Business Process Management (OCEB) Business Intermediate and/or Technical Intermediate Certification or Six Sigma Black Belt certification.
• Expertise in using Business Process Modeling Notation.
• Experience in leading facilitated sessions with subject matter experts to gather business data requirements.
• At least 5 years of experience developing with Appian.
• At least 3 years of experience leading business process re-engineering efforts (using Appian) of core processes for a federal government agency or publicly traded commercial entity. * A desire to learn, combined with a collaborative work style and strong personal work ethic
* Strong communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written
* Department of Labor Entry on Duty (EOD) is required to support this program
CERTIFICATION REQUIRMENTS: (Must have the following) • Appian A-Score Certification Level 2 or higher.
• Certification in Appian Application Designer.
EDUCATION: • Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Information Technology, or equivalent experience.
SSi is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, religion, creed, sex, marital status, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, on-the-job injury, sexual orientation, political affiliation or belief. Employment decisions are made without consideration of these or any other factors that employers are prohibited by law from considering. Any discriminatory action can be a cause for disciplinary action. SSi also prohibits discrimination against individuals with disabilities and will reasonably accommodate applicants with a disability, upon request, and will also ensure reasonable accommodation for employees with a disability. VETS are encouraged to apply.