We are looking for a Security Engineer to join our team in Sterling, VA.
The Cyber Security Engineer will support the full system engineering life-cycle, including requirements analysis, design, development, test, implementation, maintenance, integration, and documentation of SOC infrastructure and SOC tool suite. The Senior Security Engineer provides support across a progressing agile team environment focused on supporting the ESOC Operations mission. The Senior engineer will support the full system engineering life-cycle, including requirements analysis, design, development, integration, scripting, programming, test, documentation, and implementation following defined best practices and operational workflows. This role will engage in infrastructure solution design and architecture, information assurance, advisory, compliance, and risk management support.
• Conceptualize, Design, Build, and Maintain current and future ESOC supported tools and platforms.
• Manage multiple assignments, changing priorities, and work independently with little oversight.
• Support all support, guidance and develop processes to evaluate and improve all operating systems, hardware support, software, firmware solutions and provide advisement concerning future purchase of the same.
• Work closely with senior engineers, other team members and application owners to solve technical problems at the network, system and application levels.
• Conduct periodic architectural reviews of installed sensors to assess effectiveness and propose optimal installation alternatives as required.
• Conduct network security architecture reviews to determine the size, and placement of intrusion monitoring equipment during the customer onboarding process.
• Conduct periodic reviews of sensor metric reports to evaluate and prioritize sensors for review and assessment.
• Assists in interviews to identify and make recommendations for security tools, systems and capabilities to meet customer security requirements.
• Documentation and Reporting along with presentation, teamwork and DHS wide collaboration are among the expected duties and mission of the task order.
• Experience administering Linux OS, particularly RedHat Enterprise
• Cloud and VMWare skills – Understanding of cloud terminology, architecture, and tools to include: installing, provisioning and monitoring
• Strong capabilities to assist with automating manual installation and maintenance/patching tasks and utilization of such tools as provisioning environments with Ansible, Docker, etc.
• Department of Homeland Security ESOC employees are required to obtain an Entry on Duty (EOD) clearance to support this program.
• Experience with Ansible tower and/or writing ansible playbooks
• Experience with VMWare and vSAN
• Experience working in AWS and Azure
• Experience working in an Agile development environment.
• Experience with Splunk
SSi is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, religion, creed, sex, marital status, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, on-the-job injury, sexual orientation, political affiliation or belief. Employment decisions are made without consideration of these or any other factors that employers are prohibited by law from considering. Any discriminatory action can be a cause for disciplinary action. SSi also prohibits discrimination against individuals with disabilities and will reasonably accommodate applicants with a disability, upon request, and will also ensure reasonable accommodation for employees with a disability. Veterans are encouraged to apply.