Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Security Operations Center (SOC) is a US Government program responsible to prevent, identify, contain and eradicate cyber threats to FEMA networks through monitoring, intrusion detection and protective security services to FEMA information systems including local area networks/wide area networks (LAN/WAN), commercial Internet connection, public facing websites, wireless, mobile/cellular, cloud, security devices, servers and workstations. The FEMA Governance, Risk, and Compliance team is responsible for IV&V testing of remediated IT controls for FEMA FISMA systems.
The FEMA Governance, Risk, and Compliance team within the FEMA SOC Support Service Program has a critical need for an Independent Verification and Validation SME. This is a full time funded position.
- Reviewing and performing analysis of Component V&V
- Communicating results to the Deputy CISO
- Tracking IV&V packages
- Providing updates to be included in audit reports
Information Assurance Specialist Senior- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Cyber Security, or related field and 5 years of prior relevant experience. Prior relevant experience should be in the areas of cyber security.
- 2 years of specialized experience in Independent Verification and Validation, Certification & Accreditation, Vulnerability assessments, Penetration Testing or Risk Management
- Hands-on experience with Tenable Nessus, WebInspect, and AppDetective considered a must-have
- Experience with System Security Packages, Authority to Operate, and FISMA requirements considered a must-have
SSi is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, religion, creed, sex, marital status, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, on-the-job injury, sexual orientation, political affiliation or belief. Employment decisions are made without consideration of these or any other factors that employers are prohibited by law from considering. Any discriminatory action can be a cause for disciplinary action. SSi also prohibits discrimination against individuals with disabilities and will reasonably accommodate applicants with a disability, upon request, and will also ensure reasonable accommodation for employees with a disability. Veterans are encouraged to apply.