SSi has principals that are an integral part of the organizations characteristic and are fundamentally essential to the shaping of everyday activities that connect to our broader mission and vision. As an organization SSi is committed to:
Foster a culture of innovative and out of the box thinking:
We fundamentally understand that each employee has something unique to offer to the organization. We foster a culture that nourishes innovation by empowering staff, leverages their passions, and encompasses a circle of trust where it’s all about thinking of new ideas and getting good feedback.
Invest in our Resources
Employees are essential, their physical and mental well-being are pivotal to the growth of our organization. Our company culture, productivity, and overall employee happiness stem directly from how much training, responsibility, and empowerment they have within our organization. Our focus is on improving the growth of individual through education, allowing them to play central roles, so they can grow and add value to the company.
Provide solutions that are in the best interest of the customer and improve their strategic posture
We are in business to serve our customers and do what is in their best interest. Our philosophy is to offer services that are complete. We strive to provide services that do more to help the customer improve in all areas including areas that they may not have considered.
Give thoughtful considerations to our actions and their affects
We give thoughtful consideration to each other’s differences and opinions. We must give our individual best to get the job done right. Everyone is accountable for their behaviors, exercising rational judgment, and giving thoughtful consideration to their professional activities and decisions.
Sharp Solutions, Inc has an immediate need for a Tier II Help Desk Lead in the Denver, Colorado areas for a new contract Task Order for the United States Geological Survey. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, flexibility, good judgment, ability to work through challenges with all types of customers and has the ability to work within a diverse team and deliver on site or via a remote location.
Service Desk Lead (Tier 2) staff shall receive, diagnose, distribute, and track the status of all staff's assigned service requests for assistance regarding any service the USGS has (IT related and Non-IT Related) via the provided Service Desk support management tool (currently Remedy). The Service Desk Lead will follow Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL), Knowledge-Centered Support (KCS), HDI (http://www.thinkhdi.com/), best practices and established procedures and processes. End User Support includes Desktop support services that cannot be resolved remotely by Tier I.
Routine Duties/Job Requirements:
·• Lead a Team of Tier II Technicians to ensure they are entering and managing technical support incidents in a ticketing system
• Ensure that Team members are troubleshooting, identifying, and resolving problems and escalating problems to appropriate systems engineers
• Manage a assign work for Troubleshooting and resolving Tier 2 support issues via phone, email, remote desktop and on site, using remote desktop tools (Microsoft Remote Desktop, Bomgar)
• Resolve issues and maintaining customer contacts according to a specified service level and Standard operating procedures
• Provide customer support personnel with adequate training to maintain and resolve the following client issues via telephone: Active Directory (AD), AD password resets, Mobile Device Management (iOS and Android devices) and network connectivity
• Maintain and resolve issues with desktop/laptop computers, client software, peripherals, printers, local network, etc. and provide on-site customer support and training
• Assist end users of applications software operating on Windows 7, Windows 10 and future versions of Microsoft Windows personal computers and laptops. Apple devices are also supported
• Assist customers with and resolve routine application questions, all versions of Microsoft Office Suite, Google mail, Calendar and Drive issues
• Perform desktops and laptops set-up; re-imaging, wiping and general hardware troubleshooting
• Install software for laptops and desktops
• Troubleshoot software and hardware problems with the expertise to resolve routine calls over the telephone and to resolve more complex problems within the Help Desk staff
• Add and delete user accounts and maintain groups as required
• Log and report each service request and problem report. Requires familiarity with the use of trouble ticketing system (Footprints, Remedy etc.)
• Assistance with Mobile Device Management service activation, general troubleshooting, wiping devices.
• Perform troubleshooting of local and network printer issues
• Perform manual antivirus scan of desktop/laptop after malicious incident notification
• Test software upgrades provided by the client, provide user upgrade plan, schedule upgrades with users and conduct upgrades
• Notify client of any unresolved user problems, outstanding trouble calls or other areas of concern
• 4+ years of help desk support experience and 2 years of progressive leadership experience
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field is preferred
• Experience with Microsoft Windows 7/10, Active Directory, Apple/iOS and Android devices, Microsoft Remote Desktop, Bomgar, Footprints, Remedy.
• Experience using Google Mail, Calendar and Drive
• Strong written and oral communication skills are required
• Must have a positive team player and leadership attitude
• Strong analytical skills and be a creative self-starter with the ability to assign work and follow up with expectations as a Lead and Manager.
• Excellent time management skills to coordinate many different types of diverse activities
• High level of analytical and technical skills and mastery of software is required to maintain data
• Must be organized and detail-oriented
• Ability to interact with all levels of an organization in a professional, diplomatic, and tactful manner
SSi is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, religion, creed, sex, marital status, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, on-the-job injury, sexual orientation, political affiliation or belief. Employment decisions are made without consideration of these or any other factors that employers are prohibited by law from considering. Any discriminatory action can be a cause for disciplinary action. SSi also prohibits discrimination against individuals with disabilities and will reasonably accommodate applicants with a disability, upon request, and will also ensure reasonable accommodation for employees with a disability. VETS are encouraged to apply.