SSi has principals that are an integral part of the organizations characteristic and are fundamentally essential to the shaping of everyday activities that connect to our broader mission and vision. As an organization SSi is committed to:
Foster a culture of innovative and out of the box thinking:
We fundamentally understand that each employee has something unique to offer to the organization. We foster a culture that nourishes innovation by empowering staff, leverages their passions, and encompasses a circle of trust where it’s all about thinking of new ideas and getting good feedback.
Invest in our Resources
Employees are essential, their physical and mental well-being are pivotal to the growth of our organization. Our company culture, productivity, and overall employee happiness stem directly from how much training, responsibility, and empowerment they have within our organization. Our focus is on improving the growth of individual through education, allowing them to play central roles, so they can grow and add value to the company.
Provide solutions that are in the best interest of the customer and improve their strategic posture
We are in business to serve our customers and do what is in their best interest. Our philosophy is to offer services that are complete. We strive to provide services that do more to help the customer improve in all areas including areas that they may not have considered.
Give thoughtful considerations to our actions and their affects
We give thoughtful consideration to each other’s differences and opinions. We must give our individual best to get the job done right. Everyone is accountable for their behaviors, exercising rational judgment, and giving thoughtful consideration to their professional activities and decisions.
Sharp Solutions, Inc has an immediate need for a Tier I Technician -Level 1 for a new contract Task Order for the United States Geological Survey. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, flexibility, good judgment, ability to work through challenges with all types of customers and has the ability to work within a diverse team and deliver on site or via a remote location.
Service Desk (Tier 1) staff shall receive, diagnose, distribute, and track the status of service requests for assistance regarding any service the USGS has (IT related and Non-IT Related) via the provided Service Desk support management tool (currently Remedy). The Service Desk will follow Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL), Knowledge-Centered Support (KCS), HDI (http://www.thinkhdi.com/), best practices and established procedures and processes. Every customer contact will either generate a new Service Request or will be documented in an existing Service Request. Service Requests may be received via telephone, email, web submission, or IM/Chat as appropriate.
Routine Duties/Job Requirements:
· Provide customer technical assistance at the desktop on hardware and software for the USGS user community.
· Configure, test and install printers, scanners, network copier/printers.
· Install and manage desktop and laptop operating systems, including and up to Windows 10 Professional and Apple OS Catalina.
· Mobil support, iOS devices (iPhone, iPad) and Android devices.
· Install, upgrade, and maintain application software for all USGS equipment in accordance with SOPs.
· Ensure that the latest virus scanning software versions and updates are installed and running on all USGS PCs and laptops.
· Create and maintain baseline computer images in accordance with policy and SOP’s.
· Deployment of software via Active Directory Group Policy Object (GPO), scripting, System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), IBM Endpoint Manager (IEM) or other tools.
· Ensure latest approved BIOS and patches are applied to PCs and Laptops.
· Perform remediation procedures in response to security vulnerability reports.
· Print and file server configuration changes
· Maintain file share structure and permissions for end user data
Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge.
· Requires a minimum of wo years related experience.
· Excellent problem-solving skills including and the ability to provide diligent, prompt, and courteous responses to customers.
· Expert knowledge of Windows operating systems, Windows 7 up to Windows 10.
· Thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite(s) including and up to Office365 and Office365 for Mac
· Strong working knowledge of mobile devices and services associated with Apple iPads, iPhones, and Android.
· Excellent documentation, collaborative and communication skills, both written and verbal.
· Experience supporting macOS up to Catalina
SSi is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, religion, creed, sex, marital status, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, on-the-job injury, sexual orientation, political affiliation or belief. Employment decisions are made without consideration of these or any other factors that employers are prohibited by law from considering. Any discriminatory action can be a cause for disciplinary action. SSi also prohibits discrimination against individuals with disabilities and will reasonably accommodate applicants with a disability, upon request, and will also ensure reasonable accommodation for employees with a disability. VETS are encouraged to apply.