Cloud Cybersecurity Engineer
We are looking for a Cloud Cybersecurity Engineer to join our team in Reston, VA.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Currently, Sharp Solutions, Inc is seeking a motivated, career and customer-oriented Cloud Engineer to join our team in the Reston VA area to provide unparalleled support to our customer and to begin an exciting and rewarding career. The Cloud Engineer will perform a variety of complex technical tasks applied to specialized technology and cybersecurity challenges.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide guidance to FEMA’s leadership and engineers on developing and building a secure and robust cloud infrastructure
- Design and implement visibility and monitoring solutions for cloud providers – SaaS, IaaS, PaaS
- Make architecture recommendations for building out cloud services that are secure and meet security needs
- Build automation tooling and pipelines that enable protected systems to be deployed across a variety of environments, including public/private cloud, virtual machines, or bare metal servers
- Coordinate directly with senior customer leadership on recommendations, planning, and paths forward for cloud automation and transitioning
- Collaborate with the engineer team to design and develop automation to standardize and secure cloud services
- Ability to collect customer requirements, design, and automate security controls, data collection, and other processes to enhance operational support and metrics
- Aid in the integration of monitoring solutions for cloud systems
- Solving challenging problems involving system and environment internals, to provide solutions that are simple to use, but can be customized to meet customer needs
- Collaborating directly as a SME with stakeholders related to build releases and ensure builds provide a consistent core foundation for hosting government and commercial applications
- Ability quickly adapt to various APIs to support automation needs for SOC engineers and security analyst needs
- Find innovative ways to streamline overall Security operations, investigative and incident response tasks
- Supporting technologies and products, including AWS, Microsoft Azure, RedHat Linux, Satellite, Git, GitOps, Python
- Integrate directly with a team of SOC Security Engineers to develop customized solutions to customer challenges
- Must have at least 12 years of progressive technical experience that demonstrates relevant skills in Cybersecurity Engineering and Cloud technologies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline. Additional applicable military or relevant experience will be considered in lieu of degree
- Cybersecurity-related advanced certification considered a must
- Must have hands-on experience with Cloud technologies and service providers such as AWS, GCP, and Azure
- Can apply security first principles to solve complex technical challenges
- Python programming and other scripting languages critical to this position’s success
- Experience with Zero Trust Architecture a plus
- Experience with automation development
- Must be able to work independently and within a team environment.
- Must be a US citizen and be able to pass a government background check.
- Office work, typically sedentary with some movement around the office.
SSi is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, religion, creed, sex, marital status, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, on-the-job injury, sexual orientation, political affiliation or belief. Employment decisions are made without consideration of these or any other factors that employers are prohibited by law from considering. Any discriminatory action can be a cause for disciplinary action. SSi also prohibits discrimination against individuals with disabilities and will reasonably accommodate applicants with a disability, upon request, and will also ensure reasonable accommodation for employees with a disability. Veterans are encouraged to apply.