SSi has principals that are an integral part of the organizations characteristic and are fundamentally essential to the shaping of everyday activities that connect to our broader mission and vision. As an organization SSi is committed to:
Foster a culture of innovative and out of the box thinking:
We fundamentally understand that each employee has something unique to offer to the organization. We foster a culture that nourishes innovation by empowering staff, leverages their passions, and encompasses a circle of trust where it’s all about thinking of new ideas and getting good feedback.
Invest in our Resources
Employees are essential, their physical and mental well-being are pivotal to the growth of our organization. Our company culture, productivity, and overall employee happiness stem directly from how much training, responsibility, and empowerment they have within our organization. Our focus is on improving the growth of individual through education, allowing them to play central roles, so they can grow and add value to the company.
Provide solutions that are in the best interest of the customer and improve their strategic posture
We are in business to serve our customers and do what is in their best interest. Our philosophy is to offer services that are complete. We strive to provide services that do more than meets the eye, to achieve more than superficial results and to help the business improve in areas that they may not have considered.
Give thoughtful considerations to our actions and their affects
We give thoughtful consideration to each other’s differences and opinions. We must give our individual best to get the job done right. Everyone is accountable for their behaviors, exercising rational judgment, and giving thoughtful consideration to their professional activities and decisions.
Sharp Solutions, Inc has an urgent need for a talented and experience Quality Assurance Analyst to join our growing team. This position will be located in the DC Metro area. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced and motivated IT Professional seeking personal challenges and professional rewards. The right individual will enjoy functional testing and the overall assurance that the function of the designed technological solutions is working correctly so as to help the Department of Labor and the Enterprise Business Support Systems to meet its customers' requirements.
Conduct functional testing that tests the functionality of the solution to ensure that the application is working correctly. Conduct manual and regression testing against all test cases to ensure that new code, functionality, or new releases have not introduced errors to existing functionality. Document Manual tests as a repeatable process, providing continual improvement and refinement.
Document defects found, utilizing defect repository.
• Evaluate, recommend, and implement automated test tools and strategies.
• Design, implement, and conduct test and evaluation procedures to ensure system requirements are met.
• Develop, maintain, and upgrade automated test scripts and architectures for application products. Write, implement, and report status for system test cases for testing.
• Analyze test cases and provide regular progress reports.
• Serve as subject matter specialist providing testing know-how for the support of user requirements of complex to highly complex software/hardware applications.
• Direct and/or participate in all phases of risk management assessments and software/hardware development with emphasis on analysis of user requirements, test design and test tools selection.
- Experience supporting cloud technologies
- Previous consulting experience is strongly preferred
- Knowledge of associated Agile tools
- Experience working in a government client environment is strongly preferred
- Knowledge and experience managing evolving customer requirements.
- Department of Labor Entry on Duty (EOD) is required to support this program
Must be a US Citizen
SSi is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, religion, creed, sex, marital status, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, on-the-job injury, sexual orientation, political affiliation or belief. Employment decisions are made without consideration of these or any other factors that employers are prohibited by law from considering. Any discriminatory action can be a cause for disciplinary action. SSi also prohibits discrimination against individuals with disabilities and will reasonably accommodate applicants with a disability, upon request, and will also ensure reasonable accommodation for employees with a disability. VETS are encouraged to apply.
- Bachelor's degree in a computer support-related field
• At least 3 years of current relevant experience