SSi has principals that are an integral part of the organizations characteristic and are fundamentally essential to the shaping of everyday activities that connect to our broader mission and vision. As an organization SSi is committed to:
Foster a culture of innovative and out of the box thinking:
We fundamentally understand that each employee has something unique to offer to the organization. We foster a culture that nourishes innovation by empowering staff, leverages their passions, and encompasses a circle of trust where it’s all about thinking of new ideas and getting good feedback.
Invest in our Resources
Employees are essential, their physical and mental well-being are pivotal to the growth of our organization. Our company culture, productivity, and overall employee happiness stem directly from how much training, responsibility, and empowerment they have within our organization. Our focus is on improving the growth of individual through education, allowing them to play central roles, so they can grow and add value to the company.
Provide solutions that are in the best interest of the customer and improve their strategic posture
We are in business to serve our customers and do what is in their best interest. Our philosophy is to offer services that are complete. We strive to provide services that do more than meets the eye, to achieve more than superficial results and to help the business improve in areas that they may not have considered.
Give thoughtful considerations to our actions and their affects
We give thoughtful consideration to each other’s differences and opinions. We must give our individual best to get the job done right. Everyone is accountable for their behaviors, exercising rational judgment, and giving thoughtful consideration to their professional activities and decisions.
Sharp Solutions, Inc has an urgent need for a talented and experience Project Manager to join our growing team. This positions will be located in the DC Metro area. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced and motivated IT Professional seeking personal challenges and professional rewards. The right individual will enjoy managing project teams, as well as testing and delivering solutions for custom applications as well as to gather requirements to help the Department of Labor and the Enterprise Business Support Systems to meet its customers requirements.
Gather requirements, manage project team, test and deliver solutions for custom applications and other solutions that meet EBSS customer requirements. Provide input on solution alternatives and review application, project plans and understand critical success factors to the solution and manage the delivery accordingly. Communicate and obtain approval with Fed PM/COR, stakeholders and convey status, manage delivery, both orally and in writing. Communicate with project staff as needed, to explain complex requirements, systems, and procedures as well as manage customer expectations for delivery.
The Contractor shall work with the FPM to align the project schedule and Risk Register with the format needed for Capital Planning and Investment Control (CPIC).
The Contractor shall provide the Government with an assessment of all project scenarios for the project (best case, most likely and worst case). The Contractor shall be prepared to act upon any necessary project schedule adjustments, such as fast tracking or crashing, to meet the established deadlines. The associated risks and risk mitigation strategy shall be fully documented and explained to the Government. If any deviations from the baseline schedule are necessary, the Contractor shall work with the Government to discuss and agree to all deviations prior to modifying the schedule.
The Contractor is responsible for ensuring all assigned employees, shall possess the knowledge and skills necessary to develop and integrate solutions on DOL’s E-Grants platforms.
- Serve as primary interface to client stakeholders and manages multiple internal business and technical resources.
- Implement a communication strategy to measure progress and broadcast project status to all appropriate personnel.
- Develop and maintain project plans utilizing Microsoft Project.
- Along with the Business Analyst and Sr. Architect, leads meetings with project sponsors, collects and documents requirements into formalized requirements document.
- Assist in the creation and review of project related design, implementation, testing, and users guide documentation.
- Develop project cost estimates and manage project budgets.
- Capture meeting minutes to include new requirements and areas for improvement during all meetings.
- Remain up to date on all current best practices, trends, and industry developments
- Demonstrated Government experience managing Case Management System and Data Reporting implementations.
- Project Management Professional and Agile Certified and/or trained Professional.
- Oversee all aspects of the project, leading a team on large projects or a significant segment of large and complex projects.
- Analyze new and complex project-related problems and create innovative solutions that normally involve the schedule, technology, methodology, tools, solution components, and financial management of the project.
- Provide applications systems analysis and long and short-range plans for application selection, systems development, systems maintenance, and production activities for necessary support resources.
- Active Project Management Professional certification (e.g., Project Management Professional (PMP), Agile Certified Practitioner (ACP), Certified Scrum Master (CSM), or comparable).
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or MBA with a Bachelor’s degree in technical field or Master’s Degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering
- At least 5 years of current management experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience
- Demonstrated ability to provide status updates to key stakeholders, support technical personnel with experience managing Agile IT projects risks, issues, project resources, scope, schedule, change management and cost.
- Experience with successful systems development implementations delivering automated business process management solutions in an agile environment.
- Experienced with development and project management practices in an Agile / Scrum environment
- Experience with developing and supporting various COTS, SaaS and custom developed software as well as delivery of these applications
- Experience supporting cloud technologies
- Previous consulting experience is strongly preferred
- Knowledge of associated Agile tools such as JIRA is strongly preferred
- Experience working in a government client environment is strongly preferred
- Knowledge and experience managing evolving customer requirements.
- Department of Labor Entry on Duty (EOD) is required to support this program
Must be a US Citizen
SSi is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, religion, creed, sex, marital status, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, on-the-job injury, sexual orientation, political affiliation or belief. Employment decisions are made without consideration of these or any other factors that employers are prohibited by law from considering. Any discriminatory action can be a cause for disciplinary action. SSi also prohibits discrimination against individuals with disabilities and will reasonably accommodate applicants with a disability, upon request, and will also ensure reasonable accommodation for employees with a disability. VETS are encouraged to apply.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related discipline is required.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as a customer facing Project Manager