SSi has principals that are an integral part of the organizations characteristic and are fundamentally essential to the shaping of everyday activities that connect to our broader mission and vision. As an organization SSi is committed to:
Foster a culture of innovative and out of the box thinking:
We fundamentally understand that each employee has something unique to offer to the organization. We foster a culture that nourishes innovation by empowering staff, leverages their passions, and encompasses a circle of trust where it’s all about thinking of new ideas and getting good feedback.
Invest in our Resources
Employees are essential, their physical and mental well-being are pivotal to the growth of our organization. Our company culture, productivity, and overall employee happiness stem directly from how much training, responsibility, and empowerment they have within our organization. Our focus is on improving the growth of individual through education, allowing them to play central roles, so they can grow and add value to the company.
Provide solutions that are in the best interest of the customer and improve their strategic posture
We are in business to serve our customers and do what is in their best interest. Our philosophy is to offer services that are complete. We strive to provide services that do more than meets the eye, to achieve more than superficial results and to help the business improve in areas that they may not have considered.
Give thoughtful considerations to our actions and their affects
We give thoughtful consideration to each other’s differences and opinions. We must give our individual best to get the job done right. Everyone is accountable for their behaviors, exercising rational judgment, and giving thoughtful consideration to their professional activities and decisions.
Sharp Solutions, Inc has an immediate need for a Data Architect-Developer for a new customer on a highly- visible and strategic Task Order for the Department of Labor. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, flexibility, good judgment, and the ability to work within a team to stand up and mature the capabilities of our customer.
As a Data Architect, you will help scale our business by providing expert guidance on database design and delivery and implementing cutting-edge solutions within our client’s architecture. As a Data Architect, you will mentor our delivery teams on data design and implement internal processes and tools to govern data management across the organization’s projects.
- Guiding clients and implementation teams on database design, integration, scalability, and other program initiatives as needed to drive technical success
- Working with implementation and client enterprise architecture teams to design and deliver solutions that fit to their unique needs and ecosystems
- Designing and developing complex, scalable data designs, stored procedures, reports, etc.
- Identifying and mitigating performance bottlenecks with data design and database configuration
- Evaluating emerging or incumbent technologies for value and fit in client implementations
- Creating and document implementation best practices as well as knowledge base articles for internal enablement
- Providing thought leadership on process improvement
- Supporting internal solutions, infrastructure, and tools
- Mentoring and training more junior team members
- You have 5+ years of related IT and Database experience
- You are a strong database designer/developer with experience in multiple database technologies
- You have strong experience designing scalable data models for applications
- You have strong experience designing and creating complex stored procedures and functions
- You have experience with data migration and ETL processes
- You have experience evaluating and resolving issues found during performance testing
- You have strong experience with agile delivery/ technical implementation and are dedicated to delivering strong results to clients
- You have strong communication, presentation and problem solving skills and enjoy working independently and across multiple concurrent teams
TECHNOLOGIES YOU HAVE WORKED WITH:
- RDBMS (e.g. Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, MariaDB)
- Reporting and Data Visualization tools (e.g. Informatica, Tableau)
- Cloud Computing/IaaS (e.g. AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Source Control (e.g. Git, SVN, CVS)
- Software troubleshooting and performance tuning
- Data management and data visualization/BI
- Appian or other Business Process Management/Low-Code platforms
- Programming/Scripting (e.g. Java, C++/C#, Perl, Python)
You have a Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) or higher in Computer Science, Information Systems, Systems Engineering, or related area.
Must be a US Citizen
Ability to be granted and Agency public trust
SSi is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, religion, creed, sex, marital status, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, on-the-job injury, sexual orientation, political affiliation or belief. Employment decisions are made without consideration of these or any other factors that employers are prohibited by law from considering. Any discriminatory action can be a cause for disciplinary action. SSi also prohibits discrimination against individuals with disabilities and will reasonably accommodate applicants with a disability, upon request, and will also ensure reasonable accommodation for employees with a disability. VETS are encouraged to apply.