SSi has principals that are an integral part of the organizations characteristic and are fundamentally essential to the shaping of everyday activities that connect to our broader mission and vision. As an organization SSi is committed to:
Foster a culture of innovative and out of the box thinking:
We fundamentally understand that each employee has something unique to offer to the organization. We foster a culture that nourishes innovation by empowering staff, leverages their passions, and encompasses a circle of trust where it’s all about thinking of new ideas and getting good feedback.
Invest in our Resources
Employees are essential, their physical and mental well-being are pivotal to the growth of our organization. Our company culture, productivity, and overall employee happiness stem directly from how much training, responsibility, and empowerment they have within our organization. Our focus is on improving the growth of individual through education, allowing them to play central roles, so they can grow and add value to the company.
Provide solutions that are in the best interest of the customer and improve their strategic posture
We are in business to serve our customers and do what is in their best interest. Our philosophy is to offer services that are complete. We strive to provide services that do more than meets the eye, to achieve more than superficial results and to help the business improve in areas that they may not have considered.
Give thoughtful considerations to our actions and their affects
We give thoughtful consideration to each other’s differences and opinions. We must give our individual best to get the job done right. Everyone is accountable for their behaviors, exercising rational judgment, and giving thoughtful consideration to their professional activities and decisions.
Sharp Solutions, Inc has an immediate need for a Endpoint Security Analyst for a new customer on a highly- visible and strategic Cybersecurity Task Order. The Endpoint Security Analyst will be responsible for conduct host-based defensive cyber operations using endpoint detection and response (EDR) products, as well as anti-malware tools and other endpoint security controls. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, flexibility, good judgment, and the ability to work within a team to stand up and mature the cybersecurity capabilities of our customer
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES * Deploying, configuring, operating, monitoring, tuning, upgrading, and troubleshooting endpoint security tools
* Coordinating and assisting engineering with the deployment and centralization of an approved malware protection tool across multiple FISMA systems
* Utilize approved tools to scan, identify, contain, mitigate and remediate vulnerabilities, and intrusions
* Coordinating with engineering to develop and implement plans to apply patches, hot fixes, and other critical updates as needed
* Build queries, dashboards, and reports for enterprise and leadership awareness
* Troubleshoot endpoint tool issues and outages
* Develop and maintain policies and tasks for all related endpoint products
* Develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for the operation and maintenance of endpoint security tools
* Performs analyses to validate established security requirements and to recommend additional security requirements and safeguards
* Researches, evaluates and recommends new security tools, techniques, and technologies and introduces them to the enterprise in alignment with IT security strategy
* Prior Experience deploying Endpoint Security Solutions (ESS) including Mcafee ePO, Crowdstrike, Microsoft Defender, and Sophos.
* Strong foundational security knowledge, specifically in large and complex organizations
* Understanding of current security threats and other challenges, as well as frameworks like MITRE ATT&CK
* A desire to learn, combined with a collaborative work style and strong personal work ethic
* Strong communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written
* Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Entry on Duty (EOD) is required to support this program
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: * Certifications in relevant security products would be beneficial (e.g., Tanium Certified Operator / Administrator, CrowdStrike Certified Falcon Administrator /Responder / Hunter
* Experience deploying, configuring, and maintaining McAfee point products such as VirusScan Enterprise, Rogue System Detection (RSD), Policy Auditor (PA), Data Loss Prevention (DLP) / Device Control Module (DCM)
* Experience deploying and configuring Crowdstrike Falcon Prevent sensors on endpoints
* Experience with creating and implementing custom IOCs and IOAs in Crowdstrike
* Experience with triaging and investigating hosts using Crowdstrike
CERTIFICATION REQUIRMENTS: (Must have one of the following)
SANS GCIA, GCIH, GCFA, GCFE, GREM, GISF, GXPN, GWEB, GNFA, GMON Offensive Security: OSCP, OSCE, OSWP, OSEE ISC2: CCFP, CISSP EC Council: CEH, CHFI, LPT, ECSA, ECIH
EDUCATION: BS degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Math or related field and 4+ years of prior relevant experience with a focus on cybersecurity
Must be a US Citizen
SSi is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, religion, creed, sex, marital status, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, on-the-job injury, sexual orientation, political affiliation or belief. Employment decisions are made without consideration of these or any other factors that employers are prohibited by law from considering. Any discriminatory action can be a cause for disciplinary action. SSi also prohibits discrimination against individuals with disabilities and will reasonably accommodate applicants with a disability, upon request, and will also ensure reasonable accommodation for employees with a disability. VETS are encouraged to apply.