Sharp Solutions, Inc. is seeking an experienced, dynamic and innovative SCRUM MASTER to join our team as a REMOTE team member to provide unparalleled support to multiple federal agencies through the Continuous Diagnostic & Mitigation (CDM) Program. The CDM Program is a high-profile, high-visibility, cybersecurity modernization and risk management program where you can contribute innovative solutions and consult with many different federal agencies to enhance their Information Assurance (IA) programs and continuous monitoring capabilities.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Demonstrate in-depth understanding of Agile processes, oversee backlog refining sessions for sprint teams, and provide recommendations based on metrics evaluated.
- Mentor and Coach Scrum Teams by guiding the team on how to use the agile processes.
- Provide guidance on team scrum ceremonies such as Daily Stand Up, Sprint Planning, Retrospectives, and scrum-of-scrum meetings.
- Ensure teams are following protocols, and all artifacts are posted and other activities are complete related to the definition of done.
- Help create Training Documentation, or utilize approved training materials as well as FAQs, and supplemental worksheets that support the material presented to the participants.
- Behavior aligned to an Agile Mindset – Values & Principles.
- Work effectively with technical leadership, stakeholders, product owners and teams to help ensure Agile concepts and practices are used effectively, when and where appropriate, to deliver on business objectives.
- Establish self-sufficient coaching expertise and support within the DEFEND-E teams.
- Provide mentoring and training of DEFEND E’s Agile Scrum Masters, Product Owners, and Agile Teams.
- Proven ability to drive movement towards transformation.
- Availability to deliver remote/virtual workshops effectively and efficiently.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer-related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 7+ years of experience in IT Project Management in Agile environments.
- 5+ years of experience of managing and updating story, tasks, epic in Atlassian JIRA platform (or similar platform).
- Hands-on experience, in a servant leadership role, within in a scaled Agile environment utilizing SAFe is preferred.
- Two or more of the following Certifications: Certified Scrum Professional – ScrumMaster (CSP-SM), Certified Scrum Professional – Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSP-CSPO), Certified ScrumMaster (CSM), Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO), Scaled Agilist (SA), SAFe Advanced Scrum Master (SASM), PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP).
Security Clearance Requirements:
- Familiarity with large organization agile practices such as with SAFe/Scaled Agile Frameworks.
- Experienced with other agile methods, frameworks and practices, and be able to articulate the appropriateness of their use.
- Expert Facilitation Skills – Effective at facilitating and teaching concepts and ideas
- Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing.
- Must be well-organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must work well under pressure to meet deadline requirements.
- Candidate is required to be a US citizen (non-dual citizenship) with the ability to obtain DHS Suitability
- Office work, typically sedentary with some movement around the office.
SSi is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, religion, creed, sex, marital status, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, on-the-job injury, sexual orientation, political affiliation or belief. Employment decisions are made without consideration of these or any other factors that employers are prohibited by law from considering. Any discriminatory action can be a cause for disciplinary action. SSi also prohibits discrimination against individuals with disabilities and will reasonably accommodate applicants with a disability, upon request, and will also ensure reasonable accommodation for employees with a disability. Veterans are encouraged to apply.