Sharp Solutions is seeking an experienced Senior Enterprise Architect to join our team in Washington DC to provide unparalleled support to our customer through the Enterprise Technical Architecture Branch (ETAB). The ETAB Program is a high-profile, high-visibility, cybersecurity modernization and risk management program where you can contribute innovative solutions and consult to enhance DHS Segment Architectures.
The Enterprise Architect Senior provides all the necessary technical expertise to architect and design enterprise solutions into a Federal Agency’s overarching enterprise. This position ensures effective execution of all architecture tasks with the agency assigned cyber security projects. The position is also responsible for providing thought leadership for our clients while providing technical oversight for solution deployment engagements. The position performs a critical role in understanding DHS strategic and programmatic needs, proposing effective enterprise IT solutions, and consistently providing high-level customer service. The position will interface regularly with Project Control, Customer Success and Component Architects, and PMO Manager, as well as our Strategy, Transition and Operations teams to assist in resolving issues, improving processes, and increasing productivity. Enterprise Architect Seniors are assigned to 1 or more Segments as needed.
•Lead the technical engagements to assess client business and technical objectives, determine deliverables, evaluate risk and execute projects effectively
•Lead the development of cybersecurity architecture and designs of enterprise IT COTS solutions into geographically dispersed data centers
- align standards, frameworks and security with overall business and technology strategy
- Conduct design and discovery workshops with multiple stakeholders
- Create solutions that balance business requirements with information and cybersecurity requirements
- Identify security design gaps in existing and proposed architectures and recommend changes or enhancements
- Ensure that mapping of data elements provided by COTS products to the Logical Data Model
- Ensure that designs are effective in delivering cyber security data & information to multiple dashboard
- Ensure DHS policies and procedures are followed via audits and other inspection mechanisms.
- Lead and/ or support the development of solution product costs for procurement
- Work internally to develop strategic plans for architecture, engineering, integration, and dashboard
- Provide reporting and feedback to senior management as required
- Document, manage, and report on project risks and opportunities
- Assist in rectifying issues and improving service in faltering/failing projects
- Identify and communicate current and emerging security threats
- Other duties as assign
•Minimum of 5 years of enterprise IT Architecture experience and a minimum of 10 years of hands-on enterprise IT engineering experience for a total of 15 years of experience
O Experience implementing multiple types of technical solutions using COTS security tools in complex and heterogeneous IT data centers that are geographically dispersed
Must be able to clearly articulate your experience in:
1.Architecting, designing, engineering, integrating, configuring, and deploying COTS solutions into an Enterprise
2. Understanding of Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Planning and their impacts to technical designs
3. Understanding of 2 or more of these IT/Security functions;
Zero Trust Architecture, Asset management, vulnerability management, identity and access management, network protections, and data protection.
4. Leading enterprise IT solution activities from cradle to grave
5. Understanding the data sets or information provided by COTS tools in support of the needs of the organization
•Minimum of 5 years of experience performing or assisting in the analysis of enterprise IT logs, data, and/ or information preferably in Security Operations.
•Must be able to speak to emerging cyber security, Cloud, or other IT technology trends
•Experience collaborating with Agencies to mature operational processes, reduce redundancies, and develop innovative solutions
•Experience understanding organizational needs, proposing solutions, and managing project execution efforts designed to deliver overall program benefits for Government Agencies
•Experience collaborating with US Government Agencies, state or local governments, or commercial entities to develop IT service program maturity in accordance with Federal IT mandates and best practices
•Strong experience in ensuring customer satisfaction, problem resolution, and risk management on several medium to large projects
•Experience in conducting assessments of an Enterprise by reviewing technical documentations, conducting interviews and workshops to identify gaps and developing a tailored solution is highly desired
•Demonstrated experience in security solution design using existing and emerging technologies to achieve enterprise solutions
•Must be a US citizen
•Bachelor’s degree in technical field
O Certifications such as CISSP, CCIE, CCSP, Security+, CCNP Security, CCNA Security, CISA, VCP, GSE, SCNA, GCIH, and/or GLSC are highly desired
• Proven experience providing Document guidance, agency playbooks, reference architectures of technology implementations at the enterprise level.
• In-depth knowledge of the TOGAF and it’s application of technology architectures
• Ability to facilitate and anticipate stakeholder needs and provide minimum viable products, able to present to senior leadership.
• Intermediate or better experience with EA Tools, orbus I-Server
•Must be a US citizen and pass a back ground investigation.
•Able to obtain and maintain a DHS Suitability/Entry on Duty(EOD).
•Able to obtain and maintain Agency Suitability/Entry on Duty (EOD).
SSi is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, religion, creed, sex, marital status, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, on-the-job injury, sexual orientation, political affiliation or belief. Employment decisions are made without consideration of these or any other factors that employers are prohibited by law from considering. Any discriminatory action can be a cause for disciplinary action. SSi also prohibits discrimination against individuals with disabilities and will reasonably accommodate applicants with a disability, upon request, and will also ensure reasonable accommodation for employees with a disability. Veterans are encouraged to apply.