We are looking for a Security Engineer to join our team in Sterling, VA.
The Cyber Security Engineer will support the full system engineering life-cycle, including requirements analysis, design, development, test, implementation, maintenance, integration, and documentation of SOC infrastructure and SOC tool suite. The Senior Security Engineer provides support across a progressing agile team environment focused on supporting the ESOC Operations mission. The Senior engineer will support the full system engineering life-cycle, including requirements analysis, design, development, integration, scripting, programming, test, documentation, and implementation following defined best practices and operational workflows. This role will engage in infrastructure solution design and architecture, information assurance, advisory, compliance, and risk management support.
A minimum of 12 years of experience in system administration, database administration, network engineering, software engineering, or software development, with a concentration in Cybersecurity.
- Experience onboarding and managing Splunk data feeds
- Experience administering Linux OS, particularly RedHat Enterprise
- Cloud and VMWare skills – Understanding of cloud terminology, architecture, and tools to include: installing, provisioning and monitoring
- Strong capabilities to assist with automating manual installation and maintenance/patching tasks and utilization of such tools as provisioning environments with Ansible, Docker, etc.
- Department of Homeland Security ESOC employees are required to obtain an Entry on Duty (EOD) clearance to support this program.
- Experience with PXE-less discovery provisioning to automate hardware / undercloud scalability
- Experience with VMware & Ansible/Ansible Tower and/or Terraform
- Experience with data administration automating management of large (multi PB) S3 storage pools
- Experience working in AWS and Azure
- Experience working in an Agile development environment.
- Extensive database experience with two of SQL Server, MySQL, or Oracle
Must Have One of the Following J3 Certifications
CASP, GCIH, GCWN, GISF, GISP, GSSP, GICSP, GSSP, SEI, CISSP, CCSP, CSSLP, SSCP, CCNP, CCNP Security, CCIE Security, ECSP, MCSE, RHCA, RHCE, VCP, VCAP, VCIX, VCDX
BS degree Science, Technology, Engineering, Math or related field and 12 years of prior relevant experience.
An active Secret Clearance is required.
SSi is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, religion, creed, sex, marital status, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, on-the-job injury, sexual orientation, political affiliation or belief. Employment decisions are made without consideration of these or any other factors that employers are prohibited by law from considering. Any discriminatory action can be a cause for disciplinary action. SSi also prohibits discrimination against individuals with disabilities and will reasonably accommodate applicants with a disability, upon request, and will also ensure reasonable accommodation for employees with a disability. Veterans are encouraged to apply.