DHS EOD - Public Trust
SSi has principals that are an integral part of the organizations characteristic and are fundamentally essential to the shaping ofeveryday activities that connect to our broader mission and vision. As an organization SSi is committed to:
Foster a culture of innovative and out of the box thinking:
We fundamentally understand that each employee has something unique to offer to the organization. We foster a culture that nourishes innovation by empowering staff, leverages their passions, and encompasses a circle of trust where it’s all about thinking of new ideas and getting good feedback.
Invest in our Resources
Employees are essential, their physical and mental well-being are pivotal to the growth of our organization. Our company culture, productivity, and overall employee happiness stem directly from how much training, responsibility, and empowerment they have within our organization. Our focus is on improving the growth of individual through education, allowing them to play central roles, so they can grow and add value to the company.
Provide solutions that are in the best interest of the customer and improve their strategic posture
We are in business to serve our customers and do what is in their best interest. Our philosophy is to offer services that are complete. We strive to provide services that do more than meets the eye, to achieve more than superficial results and to help the business improve in areas that they may not have considered.
Give thoughtful considerations to our actions and their affects
We give thoughtful consideration to each other’s differences and opinions. We must give our individual best to get the job done right. Everyone is accountable for their behaviors, exercising rational judgment, and giving thoughtful consideration to their professional activities and decisions.
Currently we have an immediate need to add an experienced Senior Developer to our team. He or she will be a problem-solver with experience in the application of software development to solve business issues. The Senior Developer will perform but not be limited to, the following Key Responsibilities:
Education and Experience:
- Apply expertise in software development to solving business issues in the Human Resources, Human Capital Management and Workforce Planning areas
- Clearly communicate technical concepts to both technical and nontechnical users and use good client-facing interpersonal skills (i.e., comfortable and effective acting as liaison between multiple technology groups and representing groups in large scale meetings)
- Participate in all phases of the systems engineering life cycle (SELC) including initial design/analysis through deployment.
- Designing and developing documents and tests and maintaining applications in a selected programming language or environment
- Working with analysts and customers to derive requirements for use cases/scenarios
- Determining the feasibility of design within time and cost constraints, and consulting with engineering staff to evaluate the interface between hardware and software.
- Planning, assigning work when acting in a lead role, determining designs, collecting metrics on all associated development tasks, coding, debugging, creating documentation, conducting tests and building applications on a predefined schedule.
- Producing and implementing design specifications, documenting design modifications and unit testing results
- Identifying and working with strategic and technology partners to discover new product solutions
- Design, develop, test, and deploy applications and services in a highly virtualized environment using Java/J2EE, Oracle, SQL Server, HTML, CSS, JS, and other applications and development environments
- Planning, designing and developing user interfaces
- Designing, developing and maintaining automated deployment processes and best practices for SharePoint solution deployments to multiple environments (features, WSPs, etc.)
- Maintaining current industry knowledge of development concepts, best practices and procedures as the technology base evolves
- Facilitating meetings to determine the validity and priority of issues found within products, both internally as well as reproduced issues logged through Technical Support
- Investigating, identifying and resolving complex code issues logged internally by the QA team and externally by our clients through Technical Support
- Staying current with associated technology advances in the marketplace and growing skills
- Troubleshooting and resolving application issues
- May have to supervise subordinate software programmers and assist in their creation of a quality product.
Position Requirements: Security Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in IT discipline
- Minimum of seven (3) years’ experience in computer programming and analysis of complex information systems, application, or operating system software.
- Minimum of five (2) years’ experience in select programming language or environment (Java)
- Ability to clearly communicate technical concepts to both technical and nontechnical users
- Experience in all phases of the systems engineering life cycle (SELC) including initial design/analysis through deployment using Agile methodologies.
- Experience with cloud provisioning, configuration management, and IT automation tools such as Ansible. Also with open source tools such as Terraform for infrastructure development.
- Experience designing and developing documents and tests and maintaining applications in a Java/J2EE, Oracle, SQL Server, HTML, CSS, JS, and other applications and development environments such as on-prem and cloud native
- Experience with cloud environments such as AWS and Azure 2 years
- Experience working as Linux administrator
- File Systems, Basic commands, handling files directories and users
- Experience determining the feasibility of design within time and cost constraints, and consulting with engineering staff to evaluate the interface between hardware and software.
- Experience planning, assigning work when acting in a lead role, determining designs, collecting metrics on all associated development tasks, coding, debugging, creating documentation, conducting tests and building applications on a predefined schedule.
- Experience planning, designing and programming functionality to interface and use SQL Server or Oracle in coordination with the Database Administrator
- Windows Administration
Candidate will be required to attain a Public Trust Clearance/DHS Suitability with those in current access receiving first preference.
SSi is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, religion, creed, sex, marital status, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, on-the-job injury, sexual orientation, political affiliation or belief. Employment decisions are made without consideration of these or any other factors that employers are prohibited by law from considering. Any discriminatory action can be a cause for disciplinary action. SSi also prohibits discrimination against individuals with disabilities and will reasonably accommodate applicants with a disability, upon request, and will also ensure reasonable accommodation for employees with a disability. VETS are encouraged to apply.