SSi has principals that are an integral part of the organizations characteristic and are fundamentally essential to the shaping of everyday activities that connect to our broader mission and vision. As an organization SSi is committed to:
Foster a culture of innovative and out of the box thinking:
We fundamentally understand that each employee has something unique to offer to the organization. We foster a culture that nourishes innovation by empowering staff, leverages their passions, and encompasses a circle of trust where it’s all about thinking of new ideas and getting good feedback.
Invest in our Resources
Employees are essential, their physical and mental well-being are pivotal to the growth of our organization. Our company culture, productivity, and overall employee happiness stem directly from how much training, responsibility, and empowerment they have within our organization. Our focus is on improving the growth of individual through education, allowing them to play central roles, so they can grow and add value to the company.
Provide solutions that are in the best interest of the customer and improve their strategic posture
We are in business to serve our customers and do what is in their best interest. Our philosophy is to offer services that are complete. We strive to provide services that do more than meets the eye, to achieve more than superficial results and to help the business improve in areas that they may not have considered.
Give thoughtful considerations to our actions and their affects
We give thoughtful consideration to each other’s differences and opinions. We must give our individual best to get the job done right. Everyone is accountable for their behaviors, exercising rational judgment, and giving thoughtful consideration to their professional activities and decisions.
Currently we have an immediate need to add an experienced professional to our staff:
- The DHS ADAPTS Program has a critical need for a Configuration Manager. This is a full time funded position based in Washington, DC.
- Plan, lead and, if necessary, conduct site-surveys and uses the information acquired to produce complete documentation of systems and services, support equipment, computer, and electronic equipment installations.
- Maintain all system documentation to include system diagrams, test plans and status of all configuration items.
- Provide Quality Assurance, Program/Project, Requirements Analysis, Risk Management, and Software Engineering support services in accordance with the OCIO Configuration Management Plan and PMO practices.
The Configuration Manager, senior level, should have demonstrated experience in most, if not all, of the following areas:
- Requires a Bachelor's degree and 6+ years of relevant experience or Masters with 4-6 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- Must have an active DHS EOD.
- Minimum of five (6) plus years of experience in configuration management of IT systems in a production environment.
- Knowledge in managing configuration of software, engineering documents, design drawings, engineering changes and notices, and planning/conducting design audits to enable government ownership of the program technical baseline
- Knowledge of Ansible
- Knowledge of CIS Controls
- Advanced knowledge on CM process
- Oversee and manage all change requests
- Lead Change Control process meetings, providing direct and candid feedback regarding ideas for proposed changes to systems
- Ensure Configuration Management (CM) for security-relevant IS software, hardware, and firmware is documented and maintained
- Monitor and control project milestones
- Ensure that all system security requirements are addressed during all phases of the information system lifecycle
- Proficient in technical writing
Previous experience supporting DHS Programs
SSi is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, religion, creed, sex, marital status, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, on-the-job injury, sexual orientation, political affiliation or belief. Employment decisions are made without consideration of these or any other factors that employers are prohibited by law from considering. Any discriminatory action can be a cause for disciplinary action. SSi also prohibits discrimination against individuals with disabilities and will reasonably accommodate applicants with a disability, upon request, and will also ensure reasonable accommodation for employees with a disability. VETS are encouraged to apply.