DHS EOD - Public Trust
SSi has principals that are an integral part of the organizations characteristic and are fundamentally essential to the shaping of everyday activities that connect to our broader mission and vision. As an organization SSi is committed to:
Foster a culture of innovative and out of the box thinking:
We fundamentally understand that each employee has something unique to offer to the organization. We foster a culture that nourishes innovation by empowering staff, leverages their passions, and encompasses a circle of trust where it’s all about thinking of new ideas and getting good feedback.
Invest in our Resources
Employees are essential, their physical and mental well-being are pivotal to the growth of our organization. Our company culture, productivity, and overall employee happiness stem directly from how much training, responsibility, and empowerment they have within our organization. Our focus is on improving the growth of individual through education, allowing them to play central roles, so they can grow and add value to the company.
Provide solutions that are in the best interest of the customer and improve their strategic posture
We are in business to serve our customers and do what is in their best interest. Our philosophy is to offer services that are complete. We strive to provide services that do more than meets the eye, to achieve more than superficial results and to help the business improve in areas that they may not have considered.
Give thoughtful considerations to our actions and their affects
We give thoughtful consideration to each other’s differences and opinions. We must give our individual best to get the job done right. Everyone is accountable for their behaviors, exercising rational judgment, and giving thoughtful consideration to their professional activities and decisions.
Currently we have an immediate need to add an experienced Senior Develop to our team. He or she will be a problem-solver with experience in the application of software development to solve business issues. The Developer will perform but not be limited to, the following:
Education and Experience:
- Assist with the determination of designs, collect metrics on all associated development tasks, coding, debugging, creating documentation, conduct tests and build applications on a predefined schedule
- Provide assistance with the production and implementation of design specifications, documenting design modifications and unit testing results
- Identify and work with strategic and technology partners to discover new product solutions
- Plan, design, and program functionality to interface and use SQL Server or Oracle in coordination with the Database Administrator
- Assist with the Design, develop and maintain automated deployment processes and best practices for SharePoint solution deployments to multiple environments (features, WSPs, etc.)
- As part of a team, Investigate, identify, resolve, and communicate complex code issues logged internally by the QA team and externally by our clients through Technical Support
- Produce and implement design specifications, documenting design modifications and unit testing results
- Investigate, identify, resolve, and communicate complex code issues logged internally by the QA team and externally by our clients through Technical Support
Position Requirements: Security Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree (6 years of work experience in IT may be substituted for a degree)
- Three (3) years of position related experience in software development
- Demonstrated expertise in software development to solve business issues
- Experience with Microsoft .NET Framework, C#
- Experience working on Agile teams
- Familiarity with the following: Microsoft Azure Infrastructure as a Service and Platform as a Service Products, Office 365 Services, Active Directory (AD), SQL Server Database Services, VMware
- Experience with change management processes
Candidate will be required to attain a Public Trust Clearance/DHS Suitability with those in current access receiving first preference.
SSi is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, religion, creed, sex, marital status, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, on-the-job injury, sexual orientation, political affiliation or belief. Employment decisions are made without consideration of these or any other factors that employers are prohibited by law from considering. Any discriminatory action can be a cause for disciplinary action. SSi also prohibits discrimination against individuals with disabilities and will reasonably accommodate applicants with a disability, upon request, and will also ensure reasonable accommodation for employees with a disability. VETS are encouraged to apply.