DHS EOD - Public Trust
SSi has principals that are an integral part of the organizations characteristic and are fundamentally essential to the shaping of everyday activities that connect to our broader mission and vision. As an organization SSi is committed to:
Foster a culture of innovative and out of the box thinking:
We fundamentally understand that each employee has something unique to offer to the organization. We foster a culture that nourishes innovation by empowering staff, leverages their passions, and encompasses a circle of trust where it’s all about thinking of new ideas and getting good feedback.
Invest in our Resources
Employees are essential, their physical and mental well-being are pivotal to the growth of our organization. Our company culture, productivity, and overall employee happiness stem directly from how much training, responsibility, and empowerment they have within our organization. Our focus is on improving the growth of individual through education, allowing them to play central roles, so they can grow and add value to the company.
Provide solutions that are in the best interest of the customer and improve their strategic posture
We are in business to serve our customers and do what is in their best interest. Our philosophy is to offer services that are complete. We strive to provide services that do more than meets the eye, to achieve more than superficial results and to help the business improve in areas that they may not have considered.
Give thoughtful considerations to our actions and their affects
We give thoughtful consideration to each other’s differences and opinions. We must give our individual best to get the job done right. Everyone is accountable for their behaviors, exercising rational judgment, and giving thoughtful consideration to their professional activities and decisions.
Currently we have an immediate need to add an experienced professional to our staff:
Job Title: Senior Analyst
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
The Senior Analyst will perform Business Analysis and Requirements Management, according to the Government’s requirements and per the methodology specified. This support shall be provided on existing and new projects, as assigned by the Government. The Senior Analyst will perform business analysis and requirements management to include, but not limited to, the following:
Education and Experience:
- Perform the applicable business analysis and requirements management activities throughout the various project phases (i.e., a new project, an existing project supported by Enterprise Platform and Software Services EPSS, a project being transitioned from another delivery provider, etc.) and of various sizes and complexity.
- Elicit, document, and analyze business requirements in alignment with technical requirements and successfully translate requirements into usable information.
- Develop and manage requirements documentation (i.e., Requirements traceability matrix, user stories, acceptance criteria, change requests, etc.) using a change control tool (e.g., Atlassian tools)
- Develop business process and flows according to business and technical requirements
- Apply working knowledge of the agile / iterative development framework
- Utilize tools as specified by the Government (i.e., reporting, management tools, etc.)
- Follow configuration best practices and guidelines to ensure proper management and configuration control of requirements, etc.
- Provide ad-hoc business analysis, requirements support to EPSS Services
- Facilitate meetings with Components and Federal functional team members.
- Provide input into improving the reporting functions for enterprise reporting and future application reporting solutions.
- Create reports and provide data for reporting in support of EPSS activities
- Provide support for surveys as needed
- Support the creation of newsletters, win reports, and marketing material
- Support the operation the SDD and/or EPSS cloud migrations
- Update communications plans and stakeholder engagement strategy that supports the growth of all EPSS services and assist government leadership with prioritizations of the EPSS engagements.
- Develop stakeholder communication materials tailored to promote adoption, awareness, and understanding of EPSS requirements and services across all levels of stakeholders within DHS.
- Develop tailored Outreach and Awareness materials to communicate new or updated related processes to impacted organizations and people.
- Develop a Communications Plan to promote EPSS services.
- Maintain consistent branding, messages, and templates in alignment with EPSS and DHS requirements
- Support change management notifications for EPSS services to inform customers and stakeholders of EPSS changes and outages
Position Requirements: Security Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree (6 years of work experience in IT may be substituted for a degree)
- Minimum of seven (7) years’ experience in systems analysis and design of information systems programs
- Experience working within an Agile framework
- Experience translating business requirements into system requirements
- Experience designing moderately complex information systems - ensuring that functional issues are understood and business requirements are properly defined for software development
- Experience with analytics (e.g., search, trend analysis, operations analysis)
- Experience with data delivery (transactional), content delivery, and portals
- (IAM) and single sign-on
- Hands on experience with research and development, emerging technology, Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V), development, testing, quality assurance and staging
- Experience working within an Agile framework
Candidate will be required to attain a Public Trust Clearance/DHS Suitability with those in current access receiving first preference.
SSi is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, religion, creed, sex, marital status, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, on-the-job injury, sexual orientation, political affiliation or belief. Employment decisions are made without consideration of these or any other factors that employers are prohibited by law from considering. Any discriminatory action can be a cause for disciplinary action. SSi also prohibits discrimination against individuals with disabilities and will reasonably accommodate applicants with a disability, upon request, and will also ensure reasonable accommodation for employees with a disability. VETS are encouraged to apply.