We are looking for a Security Engineer -Linux to join our team in Washington DC
The Linux Cyber Security Engineer will support the full system engineering life-cycle, including requirements analysis, design, development, test, implementation, maintenance, integration, and documentation of SOC infrastructure and SOC tool suite. The Senior Security Engineer will be installing, configuring, monitoring, and troubleshooting network security solutions and related monitoring tools including L2/L3 network security devices, IDS/IPS, Full packet capture, DLP, Endpoint (AV, DLP, Endpoint Detection & Response), and infrastructure supporting SEIM (Splunk). Responsible for supporting LAN/WAN security solutions including creating and maintaining LAN/WAN security standards and design documentation. Develop and assist with new LAN/WAN security applications and hardware as assigned. Ability to script in one more of the following computer languages Python, Bash, Visual Basic or Powershell. Strong written and oral communication with the ability to communicate with team members, management and customer.
Must Have One of the Following J3 Certifications
CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP)
GCIH – Incident Handler
GCWN – Windows Security Administrator
GISF – Security Fundamentals
GSSP – Secure Software Programmer
GICSP –Cyber Security Professional
GSSP – Secure Software Programmer
SEI (Software Engineering Institute)
CCSP – Certified Cloud Security Professional
CISSP – Certified Information Systems Security
CSSLP – Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Professional
SSCP – Systems Security Certified Practitioner
CEH – Certified Ethical Hacker
ENSA – EC-Council Network Security Administrator
ECSP – EC-Council Certified Secure Programmer
MCSE – Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (Server)
VCA (Certified Associate)
VCP (Certified Professional)
VCAP (Certified Advanced Professional)
VCIX (Implementation Expert)
VCDX (Certified Design Expert)
Converged Infrastructure Specialist
Certified Implementation Engineer Specialist
Certified Data Administrator Professional
Certified Storage Associate
Certified Splunk Architect
BS degree Science, Technology, Engineering, Math or related field and 3+ years of prior relevant experience.
- 3+ years of hands-on general infrastructure administration and system engineering
- Experience with 2+ of the following areas
- RHEL 7.X security & systems engineering, design, and support
- Building custom kickstart files to manage partitions and systems configuration
- Automating bare metal deployments with Satellite server
- Network administration and design
- Configuring and managing virtualized environments
- Network access, identity and access management (e.g., public key infrastructure, PKI).
- Python and Shell Scripting
- Experience designing, building, deploying, and maintaining infrastructure in cloud environments with the tools such as GitLab CI, Ansible Tower, JIRA, Jenkins, Satellite.
- Experience with Splunk Administration
- Experience with Administration of network sensor devices (Fireeye, SourceFire, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
- RHCSA/RHCE Certification
- Security Clearance (Secret or TS/SCI) or existing EOD with DHS
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience with AWS
- Hands on Ansible experience
- Recent security operations center (SOC) experience
- Experience and knowledge with designing, building, deploying, and maintaining infrastructure in cloud environments
Must have an active Secret Clearance. In addition to the specific clearance requirement, all personnel supporting CBP must have a current background investigation (BI) or obtain a favorable BI before joining the program.
An active Secret Clearance is required.
SSi is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, religion, creed, sex, marital status, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, on-the-job injury, sexual orientation, political affiliation or belief. Employment decisions are made without consideration of these or any other factors that employers are prohibited by law from considering. Any discriminatory action can be a cause for disciplinary action. SSi also prohibits discrimination against individuals with disabilities and will reasonably accommodate applicants with a disability, upon request, and will also ensure reasonable accommodation for employees with a disability. Veterans are encouraged to apply.