SSi has principals that are an integral part of the organizations characteristic and are fundamentally essential to the shaping of everyday activities that connect to our broader mission and vision. As an organization SSi is committed to:
Foster a culture of innovative and out of the box thinking:
We fundamentally understand that each employee has something unique to offer to the organization. We foster a culture that nourishes innovation by empowering staff, leverages their passions, and encompasses a circle of trust where it’s all about thinking of new ideas and getting good feedback.
Invest in our Resources
Employees are essential, their physical and mental well-being are pivotal to the growth of our organization. Our company culture, productivity, and overall employee happiness stem directly from how much training, responsibility, and empowerment they have within our organization. Our focus is on improving the growth of individual through education, allowing them to play central roles, so they can grow and add value to the company.
Provide solutions that are in the best interest of the customer and improve their strategic posture
We are in business to serve our customers and do what is in their best interest. Our philosophy is to offer services that are complete. We strive to provide services that do more than meets the eye, to achieve more than superficial results and to help the business improve in areas that they may not have considered.
Give thoughtful considerations to our actions and their affects
We give thoughtful consideration to each other’s differences and opinions. We must give our individual best to get the job done right. Everyone is accountable for their behaviors, exercising rational judgment, and giving thoughtful consideration to their professional activities and decisions.
The Engineering SME designs and implements enterprise solutions to address complex technical challenges and to enable delivery of Continuous Diagnostics and Mitigation (CDM). SSi is looking for a candidate experienced in working with clients engaged in cyber missions while leveraging knowledge of primary job field. Engage in the implementation, deployment, and transition of Continuous Diagnostics and Mitigation (CDM) tools across diverse, federated, and geographically dispersed Federal Agency. Capable of developing an understanding of cyber requirements, via on the job training, including policy, law, regulations, acquisitions, training, or other categories. The Engineer SME will have management consultant experience with strategic planning and programmatic operations. Perform business process analysis with client stakeholders to understand functional requirements for tool delivery. Work collaboratively with team members across all parts of the program to support high-quality, on-time delivery to clients. Apply a wide variety of documentation, analytical, and project management techniques to effectively support the program’s technical staff and achieve program success. Conduct analysis to maintain and report on program-defined metrics. Leverage industry best practices to help define and govern program-wide business or development processes.
- Experience with CDM tools and agencies, including CDM tools and the role they play in government environments
- Experience developing and managing program-level and executive-level documentation, reports, whitepapers, proposals, and briefings.
- Supporting DHS CDM tools such as: Splunk, ForeScout, Tenable, Tannium, SailPoint, CyberArk, and CA PAM.
- Experience with backend programming languages such as Java/JEE and Python
- Experience with leading and identifying security-related gaps in government environments and identifying and implementing solutions to close those gaps
- Experience engaging stakeholders at various levels to define business objectives and prioritize goals
- Experience supporting design initiatives for governance models, Cyber policy, or business process updates and improvements
- Ability to be patient with a friendly demeanor, even under stressful circumstances
- Participate and advise stakeholder teams on implementing activities to harden systems, middleware, and applications and network devices.
- Possession of excellent time management skills
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills
- When customers have highly complex technology problems to solve, perform technical analyses, gather technical requirements, suggest alternatives and design solutions to include best vendor products to utilize
- Deliver solution-oriented technical presentations and demonstrations to agency customers
- Provide analysis of a customer’s technical requirements, planned configurations, and IT product selection and roll-out strategy
- Consult on current IT hardware and software technologies, specifically in the realm of IT infrastructure, wired/wireless communications or electronic security systems
- Use Visio or other tools to create detailed architecture design documents
- Support ConOps development for new or modernization projects
- Provide subject matter expertise for CCB or Project Review Board (PRB) presentations
- Performing independent assessments of the implementation of the policies and procedures associated with enterprise system software and security.
- Identifying risks to the production environment associated with system additions, changes, or modifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Information Systems Security, Cybersecurity, or related field
- 5+ years of relevant consulting or industry experience
- Proven experience effectively prioritizing workload to meet deadlines and work objectives
- Demonstrated ability to write clearly, succinctly, and in a manner that appeals to a wide audience
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation creation tools, as well as Internet research tools
- Direct experience crafting deliverables
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United Stated without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
SSi is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, religion, creed, sex, marital status, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, on-the-job injury, sexual orientation, political affiliation or belief. Employment decisions are made without consideration of these or any other factors that employers are prohibited by law from considering. Any discriminatory action can be a cause for disciplinary action. SSi also prohibits discrimination against individuals with disabilities and will reasonably accommodate applicants with a disability, upon request, and will also ensure reasonable accommodation for employees with a disability. Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Ability to obtain and maintain a DHS Public Trust. US Citizenship is required, due to the security requirements of our client, individuals with dual citizenship may not be considered for this role