SSi has principals that are an integral part of the organizations characteristic and are fundamentally essential to the shaping of everyday activities that connect to our broader mission and vision. As an organization SSi is committed to:
Foster a culture of innovative and out of the box thinking:
We fundamentally understand that each employee has something unique to offer to the organization. We foster a culture that nourishes innovation by empowering staff, leverages their passions, and encompasses a circle of trust where it’s all about thinking of new ideas and getting good feedback.
Invest in our Resources
Employees are essential, their physical and mental well-being are pivotal to the growth of our organization. Our company culture, productivity, and overall employee happiness stem directly from how much training, responsibility, and empowerment they have within our organization. Our focus is on improving the growth of individual through education, allowing them to play central roles, so they can grow and add value to the company.
Provide solutions that are in the best interest of the customer and improve their strategic posture
We are in business to serve our customers and do what is in their best interest. Our philosophy is to offer services that are complete. We strive to provide services that do more than meets the eye, to achieve more than superficial results and to help the business improve in areas that they may not have considered.
Give thoughtful considerations to our actions and their affects
We give thoughtful consideration to each other’s differences and opinions. We must give our individual best to get the job done right. Everyone is accountable for their behaviors, exercising rational judgment, and giving thoughtful consideration to their professional activities and decisions.
SSi is seeking a motivated, career, and customer-oriented professionals to join our team in the Washington, DC area to provide unparalleled support to the Continuous Diagnostics & Mitigation (CDM) Program. The CDM Program is a high-profile, high-visibility, cybersecurity modernization and risk management program where you can contribute innovative solutions and consult within DHS. The program consists of Phase 1 (What’s on the network), Phase II (Who is on the network), Phase III (What’s happening on the network), and Phase IV (How is data protected). Candidates should have previous experience and understanding of the CDM Phases, solutions, and current implementation approach.
Specific Job Duties:
The PMO Project Lead is responsible for supporting the Program Management Office (PMO). This person ensures they support and maintains the program administration standards and introduces repeatable processes throughout. He/she utilize project management practices, standardization of templates, development and use of metrics to measure project performance and execution. He/she ensures that they monitor, reports and lead projects. The PMO Project Lead will need to provide administrative support by creating and maintaining project documentation to include schedules, resource plans, meeting minutes, and project analyses. Responsibilities include but are not limited to conducting project analysis, scheduling, project coordination, communications, procurement activities, and processes and procedures are effective and meet the needs of the customer.
Ensure approach and processes align to the overall cross-functional business needs Provide guidance and expertise to PMO personnel to ensure work products are delivered on time, if not, early and with a high degree of quality.
Provide Project Management support and gather requirements for automating PMO processes and overseeing the efforts to automate those processes. Responsible for driving consistent, repetitive best practices and standards by developing and implementing policy, procedures, monitoring and controls of PMO processes and promoting continuous process improvement. Identify governance best practices to be achieved and support the necessary process improvements and stakeholder engagement to implement changes to established governance processes.
Strong analytical, process, and written / verbal skills.
- Can readily switch gears in response to unexpected events and circumstances. Refuses to be paralyzed by uncertainty or ambiguity.
- Ability to work effectively and interface in a team environment both as a lead and individual contributor.
- Effective in a high-paced, multi-functional, flexible and global environment.
- Able to make practical, business-oriented decisions. Ability to be flexible in managing details as well as maintaining an understanding of how they fit into the overall situation.
- Ability to incorporate tactical and strategic activities for overall process improvement.
- Understands the communication needs of customers and partners. Consistently communicates in an open, candid and timely manner. Communicates frequently, ensuring accessibility and presence to team members, internal/external customers and key stakeholders.
BS in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field preferred PMP certified a plus, active 3-5+ years supporting large, complex system integration programs. Experience defining processes and procedures around organizational PMO. JIRA Experience, SCRUM and Agile methodologies. MS Office skills including Excel, Project, Visio, PowerPoint, Word Ability to work with Senior Management and advising them on best practices Excellent communication skills (both written & verbal) Must be a US citizen (no dual citizenship) Position is eligible for teleworking opportunities (subject to certain conditions) Security Requirements: Ability to obtain and maintain DHS Suitability
Specific Job Duties:
- Provide costs analysis inputs for technical requirements including pricing information, prioritization, and tracking of costs
- Provide SME input into technical requirements management and prioritization
- Work with relevant stakeholders to establish their needs and how they can be met
- Work with Federal CDM PMO and DHS Components for Analysis
- Monitor organizational spending to ensure that the budget is maintained
- Prepare regular and special reports as required
- Evaluate proposed efforts and services with respect to their effect on the budget
- Work with local teams to analyze processes, recommend and implement improvements.
- Create and analyze data for management and prepare effective metrics and presentations.
- Prioritize, validate, and effectively communicate to a variety of stakeholders.
- Provide consultation and techniques to improve process performance and quality
- Works as a liaison between Customers and technical staff to facilitate communication and ensure an understanding of the requirements.
- Applies best practices and established standards to elicit, analyze, document, validate, and communicate requirements, business processes, and business rules.
- Applies best practices and established standards to manage requirements artifacts throughout the development lifecycle.
- Coordinates requirements clarification and resolution of issues/concerns identified by all stakeholders, and updates requirements artifacts to reflect the resolution.
- Act as a point of escalation and resolves exceptions on most significant and complex issues.
- Identify governance best practices to be achieved and support the necessary process improvements and stakeholder engagement to implement changes to established governance processes.
- Facilitate governance activities, make recommendations, align with assessment criteria, and DHS objectives
- Strong communication and presentation skills, ability to interface and guide business users and technical staff at various levels.
- Ability to prepare business process assessment materials - including outlines, background materials, and process aids.
- Leads data analysts to develops and briefs status reports and metrics for leadership and clients. Proactively identifies problems and implements timely corrective actions that effectively minimize program impacts. Works with team leads to mitigates risks across all aspects of CDM Program to avoid impacts to service quality and applies successful mitigation approach.
- Other Duties as assigned
• Minimum of 5 years of business process/ systems analysis.
• Minimum of 3 years of cross functional project management experience.
• Intermediate JIRA Experience, MS Office skills including Excel, Project, Visio, PowerPoint, Word.
***Preference for current DHS cleared staff
***All submitted applicants will have to go through the DHS Entry on Duty (EOD) Process