SSi has principals that are an integral part of the organizations characteristic and are fundamentally essential to the shaping of everyday activities that connect to our broader mission and vision. As an organization SSi is committed to:
Foster a culture of innovative and out of the box thinking:
We fundamentally understand that each employee has something unique to offer to the organization. We foster a culture that nourishes innovation by empowering staff, leverages their passions, and encompasses a circle of trust where it’s all about thinking of new ideas and getting good feedback.
Invest in our Resources
Employees are essential, their physical and mental well-being are pivotal to the growth of our organization. Our company culture, productivity, and overall employee happiness stem directly from how much training, responsibility, and empowerment they have within our organization. Our focus is on improving the growth of individual through education, allowing them to play central roles, so they can grow and add value to the company.
Provide solutions that are in the best interest of the customer and improve their strategic posture
We are in business to serve our customers and do what is in their best interest. Our philosophy is to offer services that are complete. We strive to provide services that do more than meets the eye, to achieve more than superficial results and to help the business improve in areas that they may not have considered.
Give thoughtful considerations to our actions and their affects
We give thoughtful consideration to each other’s differences and opinions. We must give our individual best to get the job done right. Everyone is accountable for their behaviors, exercising rational judgment, and giving thoughtful consideration to their professional activities and decisions.
Currently we have an immediate need to add an experienced professional to our staff. As a member of the PMO team, the Project Coordinator is responsible for supporting the Project Leads and PMO Manager, maintaining and monitoring project plans and schedules, work hours, budgets, and expenditures. The role focuses on organizing, attending, and participating in stakeholder meetings. The Project Coordinator will also document and follow up on important actions and decisions from meetings. This functional role may prepare operations and procedures manuals to assist management in operating more efficiently and effectively.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform coordination activities to support schedule and project management
- Capture and/or support the update of risks, actions, and tasks, communicated through various mediums, as defined by the project
- Develop and update routine reporting documentation, including weekly and monthly deliverables leveraging best practices and project templates
- Attend client meetings, capture action items and meeting minutes, document any technical action items, provide input in the integrated master schedule, and communicate with stakeholders, as needed
- Assist Project Managers and Deputy Project Managers
- Support personnel onboarding activities as needed
- Coordinate project management activities, resources, and information
- Break projects into doable actions and set timeframes
- Assign tasks to internal teams and assist with schedule management
- Help prepare budgets
- Analyze risks and opportunities
- Oversee project procurement management
- Create and monitor project plans and documentation
- Act as the point of contact and communicate project status to all participants
- Use project management tools to monitor project progress
- Ensure standards and requirements are met through conducting quality assurance tests
- Help project managers create and present reports associated with project performance
- BS degree
- 2+ years of experience with project management
- Familiar with project management methodologies
- Familiar with Agile methodologies
- Experience with creating and analyzing project documentation, reports, and briefings
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Project
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks concurrently
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- BA or BS degree
- Experience with MS Project Server
- Experience working in an agile environment
SSi is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, religion, creed, sex, marital status, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, on-the-job injury, sexual orientation, political affiliation or belief. Employment decisions are made without consideration of these or any other factors that employers are prohibited by law from considering. Any discriminatory action can be a cause for disciplinary action. SSi also prohibits discrimination against individuals with disabilities and will reasonably accommodate applicants with a disability, upon request, and will also ensure reasonable accommodation for employees with a disability. Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Ability to obtain and maintain a DHS Public Trust. US Citizenship is required, due to the security requirements of our client, individuals with dual citizenship may not be considered for this role