SSi has principals that are an integral part of the organizations characteristic and are fundamentally essential to the shaping of everyday activities that connect to our broader mission and vision. As an organization SSi is committed to:
Foster a culture of innovative and out of the box thinking:
We fundamentally understand that each employee has something unique to offer to the organization. We foster a culture that nourishes innovation by empowering staff, leverages their passions, and encompasses a circle of trust where it’s all about thinking of new ideas and getting good feedback.
Invest in our Resources
Employees are essential, their physical and mental well-being are pivotal to the growth of our organization. Our company culture, productivity, and overall employee happiness stem directly from how much training, responsibility, and empowerment they have within our organization. Our focus is on improving the growth of individual through education, allowing them to play central roles, so they can grow and add value to the company.
Provide solutions that are in the best interest of the customer and improve their strategic posture
We are in business to serve our customers and do what is in their best interest. Our philosophy is to offer services that are complete. We strive to provide services that do more than meets the eye, to achieve more than superficial results and to help the business improve in areas that they may not have considered.
Give thoughtful considerations to our actions and their affects
We give thoughtful consideration to each other’s differences and opinions. We must give our individual best to get the job done right. Everyone is accountable for their behaviors, exercising rational judgment, and giving thoughtful consideration to their professional activities and decisions.
Currently we have an immediate need to add an experienced professional to our staff:
Are you someone concerned with the security of our nation? Are you driven to protect and serve? Are you skilled in cyber defense? Then Sharp Solutions, Inc.is the place for you. We are ensuring our nation's security in a partnership with the Department of Homeland Security. Our partnership focuses on the DHS Security Operations Center (SOC) Support Services Program where we provide around the clock cyber support focusing on some our nation's toughest threats.
SSI has a need for a talented Tier 2 Analyst to join our team on this highly visible cyber security single-award IDIQ vehicle that provides security operations center (SOC) support, cyber analysis, application development, and a 24x7x365 support staff. As a Tier 2 Analyst, you would work on a shift schedule, as described below. All shifts total 80 hours every 2 weeks.
Bachelors degree in STEM, Cyber, or related field with 3 years experience or 5 years without a degree.
In this job, you will:
- Utilize state of the art technologies such as host forensics tools(FTK/Encase), Endpoint Detection & Response tools, log analysis (Splunk) and network forensics (full packet capture solution) to perform hunt and investigative activity to examine endpoint and network-based data.
- Conduct malware analysis, host and network, forensics, log analysis, and triage in support of incident response.
- Recognize attacker and APT activity, tactics, and procedures as indicators of compromise (IOCs) that can be used to improve monitoring, analysis and incident response.
- Develop and build security content, scripts, tools, or methods to enhance the incident investigation processes.
- Lead Incident Response activities and mentor junior SOC staff.
- Work with key stakeholders to implement remediation plans in response to incidents.
- Effectively investigative and identify root cause findings then communicate findings to stakeholders including technical staff, and leadership.
- Flexible and adaptable self-starter with strong relationship-building skills
- Strong problem solving abilities with an analytic and qualitative eye for reasoning
- Ability to independently prioritize and complete multiple tasks with little to no supervision
Tier 2 Analyst should have expertise in one of the following specialized areas:
- Email Security
- Digital Media Forensic
- Monitoring and Detection
- Incident Response
- Vulnerability Assessment and Penetration Testing
- Cyber intelligence analysis
- Supporting detection, containment, and eradication of APT activities targeting customer networks.
The candidate must have a DoD Secret Clearance. The candidate must have or be able to attain a DHS EOD Clearance.
The candidate should have extensive experience analyzing and synthesizing information with other relevant data sources, providing guidance and mentorship to others in cyber threat analysis and operations, evaluating, interpreting, and integrating all sources of information, and fusing computer network attack analyses with counterintelligence and law enforcement investigations.
The candidate should possess 3+ years of experience in the areas of incident detection and response, remediation malware analysis, or computer forensics.
· Ability to script in Python, Bash, Visual Basic, or Powershell
· Knowledge of Cyber Kill Chain (CKC) or similar frameworks
· Experience in cyber government, Department of Homeland Security, and/or federal law enforcement
Must have one of the Following J3 Certifications:
Tier 2 Monitoring:
GCIA – Intrusion Analyst
GREM – Reverse Engineering Malware
GPPA – Perimeter Protection Analyst
GISF – Security Fundamentals
GXPN – Exploit Researcher and Advanced Penetration Tester
GWEB – Web Application Defender
GNFA – Network Forensic Analyst
GMON – Continuous Monitoring Certification
OSCP (Certified Professional)
OSCE (Certified Expert)
OSWP (Wireless Professional)
OSEE (Exploitation Expert)
SEI (Software Engineering Institute)
CCSP – Certified Cloud Security Professional
CISSP – Certified Information Systems Security
CEH – Certified Ethical Hacker
LPT – Licensed Penetration Tester
ECSA – EC-Council Certified Security Analyst
ENSA – EC-Council Network Security Administrator
CNDA – Certified Network Defense Architect
ECSS – EC-Council Certified Security Specialist
ECSP – EC-Council Certified Secure Programmer
ECES – EC-Council Certified Encryption Specialist
Cyber Analyst Course
SSi is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, religion, creed, sex, marital status, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, on-the-job injury, sexual orientation, political affiliation or belief. Employment decisions are made without consideration of these or any other factors that employers are prohibited by law from considering. Any discriminatory action can be a cause for disciplinary action. SSi also prohibits discrimination against individuals with disabilities and will reasonably accommodate applicants with a disability, upon request, and will also ensure reasonable accommodation for employees with a disability.