313-Senior Security Engineer
Sharp Solutions, Inc. has an immediate need for a Cyber Security Engineer to support this DHS SOC Program.
The Security Engineer will need to be a self-starter with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, flexibility, good judgment and the ability to coordinate multiple, concurrent tasks in an effective manner. The Security Engineer works with internal team members to ensure the systems are functional, secure, and scalable. The systems and networks developed will be used to collect and process data and improve the DHS SOC security infrastructure.
The Security Engineer will engineer design and develop cyber security technology along with integration of new architectural features into existing infrastructures while maintaining the integrity and security of enterprise-wide cyber systems and networks. They will:
- Address system-of-system architectural needs by drilling through all layers of embedded security within the given WAN / LAN architecture.
- Lead multi-disciplined teams in the design and implementation of the cyber security system architecture.
- Produce cyber security architectural artifacts. Provide architectural analysis of cyber security features and existing system related to future needs and trends.
- Embed advanced forensic tools and techniques for attack reconstruction, including dead system analysis and volatile data collection and analysis into cyber security design.
- Reviews and provides input to system requirements based on cyber security posture.
- Compiles industry best practices and lessons learned into future iterations and new designs.
- Supports the Engineering Review Board by evaluating artifacts for architectural compliance.
- Provides broad based experience in the systems engineering lifecycle and apply the experience to specific cyber security initiatives relating to architectural design and development.
- Resolves architecture implementation issues during integration and test.
- Design, build, deploy, and maintain systems, cloud or on-prem, and supporting infrastructure needed by the ESOC
- Employ measures to ensure the deployed infrastructure is secure and available
- Advise and assist team members to deploy and configure collection services and tools
- Maintain the infrastructure and make recommendations to improve operations
- Deploy and configure services needed to meet collection objectives
- Work with team members to move data to the appropriate data stores
The candidate must have DoD Top Secret Clearance.
The candidate must have or be able to attain a DHS EOD Clearance.
- Hands-on programming/scripting: 10 years (Required)
- 10+ years experience with Python ideal, but Perl, Shell, etc. also applicable
- Linux networking: 10 years (Required)
- System engineering and network and system: 10 years (Required)
- Direct Customer Engagement
- Security Architecture Development
- OpenStack Experience
- Ansible experience
- RHCSA/RHCE Certification
- Requirements Identification
- Experience working with developers and process improvement
- Experience identifying new tools and/or required upgrades based on ROI
- Recent security operations center (SOC) experience.
- 3+ years experience with system engineering and network and system administration with strong skills in orchestration and automated deployments
- Breadth of technical experience and knowledge with designing, building, deploying, and maintaining infrastructure both on-prem and in cloud environments
- Experience configuring and deploying a variety of services on both Linux and Windows
- Experience with Linux networking
- Experience with orchestration and infrastructure automation tools
- Experience configuring and managing virtualized environments
- Hands-on programming/scripting experience and the ability and willingness to learn new languages as needed
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
- Can work independently
Also preferred, at least 7 years of experience supporting mission-critical projects. Performance metrics related to security operations. Cyber Kill Chain and Intelligence Driven Defense hands on knowledge Cyber transformation experience Cyber analyst experience - Not required, engineering is key Detailed knowledge of key cyber and network technologies such as Netwitness, Splunk, ArcSight, FireEye. 5+ years experience with system engineering and network and system administration with strong skills in orchestration and automated deployments. Experience with the tools used to design, build, deploy, and maintain infrastructure in a variety of cloud environments.