We are looking for a Splunk Engineer
to join our team in Alexandria, VA
The Splunk Engineer should be proficient with recognizing and onboarding new data sources into Splunk, analyzing the data for anomalies and trends, and building dashboards highlighting the key trends of the data.
The Splunk engineer should be proficient within a Linux environment, editing and maintaining Splunk configuration files and apps. The selected candidate will assist with providing engineering, and administration in supporting a very large distributed clustered Splunk environment consisting of search heads, indexers, deployers, deployment servers, heavy/universal forwarders and Splunk Enterprise Security premium app, spanning security, performance, and operational roles.
The Splunk engineer will assist the Enterprise Splunk team, Cybersecurity Engineering team members and will be required to interact with end users to gather requirements, perform troubleshooting, and provide assistance with the creation of Splunk search queries and dashboards. The Splunk engineer will be required interact with management, as necessary.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree coupled with 5+ years of experience in the Information Technology arena.
- 2+ years of experience in a Splunk engineering role supporting SOC or NOC environments.
- 2+ Years of experience in Linux and SQL/ODBC interfaces.
- 1+ Years of experience in app interface development, using REST APIs- Experience with Ansible and GIT. Knowledge of Splunk Clustering.
- Ability to follow Change & Configuration Management.
- Strong problem-solving abilities with an analytic and qualitative eye for reasoning under pressure.
- Self-starter with the ability to independently prioritize and complete multiple tasks with little to no supervision.
- Ability to script in one more of the following computer languages Python, Bash, Visual Basic or Powershell.
- Splunk Certified Administrator Certification.
- Must have an active Secret Clearance and in addition, must have a current or be able to favorably pass a 5-year (BI) Background Investigation to join this program.
- Experience in SQL - Current or former completed Splunk training
- Experience in automating Splunk Deployments and orchestration with in a Cloud environment Experience in Linux environment
- Splunk Certified Architect Certification
Bachelor’s degree in related field
Must Have One of the Following Certifications
CASP – GCIH – GCWN – GISF – GISP – GICSP – CCSP – CISSP – CSSLP – SSCP – CCNP – CCIE – CEH – ECSP-EC – MCSE – RHCA RHCE VCA – VCP – VCAP – VCIX – VCDX
An active Secret Clearance is required.
SSi is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, religion, creed, sex, marital status, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, on-the-job injury, sexual orientation, political affiliation or belief. Employment decisions are made without consideration of these or any other factors that employers are prohibited by law from considering. Any discriminatory action can be a cause for disciplinary action. SSi also prohibits discrimination against individuals with disabilities and will reasonably accommodate applicants with a disability, upon request, and will also ensure reasonable accommodation for employees with a disability. Veterans are encouraged to