We are looking for a IV&V Analyst to join our team in Washington, DC.
Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Security Operations Center (SOC) Support Services is a US Government program responsible to monitor, detect, analyze, mitigate, and respond to cyber threats and adversarial activity on the DHS Enterprise. The DHS SOC has primary responsibility for monitoring and responding to security events and incidents detected at the Trusted Internet Connection (TIC) and Policy Enforcement Point (PEP) and is responsible for directing and coordinating detection and response activities performed by each Component SOC. Direction and coordination are achieved through a new shared DHS incident tracking system and other means of coordination and communication.
The DHS ESOC is responsible for IV&V testing over Component V&V of remediated IT controls.
The DHS ESOC Support Service Program has a critical need for an Independent Verification and Validation analyst. This is a full time funded position based in Washington DC. This role includes:
- Reviewing and performing analysis of Component V&V
- Communicating results to the Component
- Tracking V&V packages (including OCISO and OCFO signatures indicating completion)
- Providing updates to be included in audit reports
This is a big growth area for us and our customer over the next several years and so this role is also very strategic. This position location may be located at either L’Enfant Plaza or Elizabeth’s USCG Headquarters in Washington, DC.
- Must have a Secret Clearance with the ability to get TS/SCI. In addition to specific security clearance requirements all Department of Homeland Security SOC employees are required to obtain an Entry on Duty (EOD) clearance to support this program.
- 5 years of experience in Independent Verification and Validation
- 7 years of professional experience in a Computer Science discipline
An active Secret Clearance is required.
SSi is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, religion, creed, sex, marital status, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, on-the-job injury, sexual orientation, political affiliation or belief. Employment decisions are made without consideration of these or any other factors that employers are prohibited by law from considering. Any discriminatory action can be a cause for disciplinary action. SSi also prohibits discrimination against individuals with disabilities and will reasonably accommodate applicants with a disability, upon request, and will also ensure reasonable accommodation for employees with a disability. Veterans are encouraged to apply.